We work with both Castlemead Poultry and Otter Valley poultry to source our Chicken. These hens are reared to the highest of standards. Living over twice the age of an average supermarket bird, the chickens are full of flavour and enjoy a full and active life.
There are x 4 Large Bone in Thighs in each pack.
Chicken Thighs x 4 Large Bone in
4x Large Bone in Chicken thighs
One of our favourite recipes for Chicken Thighs is by Donna Hay.
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN CURRY PASTE
- 2 TABLESPOONS CORIANDER (CILANTRO) SEEDS
- 1 TEASPOON CUMIN SEEDS
- ¼ TEASPOON WHITE PEPPERCORNS
- 3 LONG GREEN CHILLIES, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 2 ESCHALOTS (FRENCH SHALLOTS), ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 2CM PIECE (10G) FRESH TURMERIC, PEELED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 2 TABLESPOONS CORIANDER (CILANTRO) ROOT, CHOPPED
- 6CM PIECE (30G) FRESH GALANGAL, PEELED AND ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 4 KAFFIR LIME LEAVES, SHREDDED
- 1 STALK LEMONGRASS, WHITE PART ONLY, SLICED
- ½ TEASPOON SHRIMP PASTE
- 2 TABLESPOONS PEANUT OIL
- 1 X 400ML CAN COCONUT MILK
- 2 TABLESPOONS FISH SAUCE
- 1 TABLESPOON FINELY CHOPPED PALM SUGAR
- 4 KAFFIR LIME LEAVES
- 1 STALK LEMONGRASS, BRUISED
- 8 X 220G BONE-IN CHICKEN THIGHS, SKIN ON AND TRIMMED
- SEA SALT FLAKES
- 2 TABLESPOONS LIME JUICE
- SLICED BABY CUCUMBERS AND BABY (MICRO) HERBS, TO SERVE
- To make the green curry paste, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and peppercorns and toast, shaking the pan frequently, for 2–3 minutes or until fragrant and light golden. Place in a small food processor and process until ground. Add the chilli, eschalot, garlic, turmeric, coriander root, galangal, lime leaves, lemongrass, shrimp paste and oil and process, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until smooth. Makes 1 cup (250ml).
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the curry paste, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves and lemongrass in a deep-sided medium baking tray and mix to combine. Rub the chicken with salt and place, skin-side up, in the baking tray. Cover with aluminium foil and roast for 1 hour. Increase the temperature to 200°C (400°), remove the foil and roast for a further 35–40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy. Use a metal spoon to skim any fat from the surface of the sauce and stir through the lime juice. Top with the cucumber and baby herbs to serve. Serves 4.